Shopping for clothes when you’re a larger size, that is a size 14-24 doesn’t have to be a chore. Here are some tips to help you look your best in women’s plus size clothing.
1. Know your best features – this ensures that you choose larger sizes in clothes that focus on your best bits and hides those parts that aren’t so great and you don’t feel that good about. For example, to draw attention to your wonderful long legs and avoid attention to your hips, choose wide leg pants that are the same width all the way down.
2. Choose the right size – if you are a larger lady and wear plus size clothing, going up a size can be even more daunting but wearing clothes that are too small only make you look bigger. A size too small will only result to your worst features being highlighted. The same rule applies to sizes that are too big. They end up making you look frumpy and much bigger than you really are. If you are unsure what size you are (different plus size designers use different plus size guides), then try the same piece in a couple of sizes and see which one looks best
3. Be comfortable – if you wear clothes that are fashionable but are not comfortable, you will be tugging at them all day. Make sure you choose clothes that meet your need but also feel great.
4. Wear the right underwear – just because no one can see it, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t bother with it. The wrong underwear can make you look a lot bigger than you really are, especially if you already wear larger sizes. Wear a bra that lifts your breasts and be sure to get measured every 6 months to ensure you have the right fit. Slimming tights also do wonders as they tuck you in and make you appear taller.
5. Be confident – Now that you have found the right outfit, put your shoulders back, stand tall and be proud of yourself. You will be surprised at how much of a difference it makes to your overall look and how much better you will feel about yourself.
Do you have some tips that you use when you go shopping? I would love to hear them,let me know below !